Friday, June 12, 2009

Webster, Have I Got News For You

Webster defines
Divorce: the action or an instance of legally dissolving a marriage
Well Webster I hate to inform you there is so much more to the word.
I guess because it is not defined means there is no way to express the emotional aspect of dissolving a marriage. No way to express the long list of changes that effect everyone involved in the married couples lives. No way to express what words you use to explain to your child or grandchild the choices of the adults in their lives will change their lives forever.
The selfish part of divorce is, there are choices, they are just not considered.
So the action is self serving without regard to the negative effects it causes to others.

As I am thinking now on how the selfish actions of others causes pain and hardship for others without regard to their infinite effects , I am drawn to thoughts of Justin and how selfishly he was taken from us.
Realizing how the choices made for him by others has effected so many lives.
The two life changing events have more in common than I realized before.
There are people making decisions for mine and my children's life that have no rights to do that. Each person will have to answer and be accountable for their actions.

He saved them from the hand of the foe; from the hand of the enemy he redeemed them Psalm 106:10
I pray right now that I am mindful of how my actions effect the lives of others and in all ways strive to act in a Christ like manner.

No comments: